It is a time for celebration. I have had a visit, my friends. A visit from Lady Luck (maybe more like Lady Hardworkpaysoff?). My swimmer’s ear is practically healed… and I have a job interview tomorrow!
When 2:30 rolls around tomorrow I’ll probably be all noodles and nerves, but I’m hoping all my NPR investigating will pay off and the right words will kick in. So since I’m going to be thinking all about landing the first step into my dream job, I thought I’d leave you with some job hunting tips this Monday night.
1. Have writer’s block when it comes to you resume? Dreading the hunt for action-y verbs for your (hopefully) captivating cover letter? Here’s 100 words that might liven things up a bit.
2. I know I’m not the best about keeping my LinkedIn up-to-date or even using it, but these 10 quick tips might just make me change my mind.
3. Hooray! You’re like me and are actually going to talk (or if you’re close hopefully visit) someone who has an opening you might just be the right fit for. That’s where these tips for standing out in and interview will come in handy. And I think these are much better than your typical pep talk about selling yourself.
4. Sweet! You just landed that coveted internship for the fall semester — or you’ve been looking for one all summer as a post grad and you finally hit your lucky patch! (I understand, I’m there with you.) Now here’s how you can make sure you’re not just making copies or sitting at a desk perusing your Google Reader every day.
5. You do have a job, but you just aren’t sure it’s for you. Maybe you’re questioning whether or not you love your work? Here are 15 things that might just help you figure that out.
6. I couldn’t leave you without a funny little bit to read. Here’s one for you post grads out there who are settling into full time work. Life sure does change, right?
Now I must leave you! A working girl has got to get some beauty rest.
Let’s hope I have more news coming late this week! I’ll keep you in the loop, dears, I promise.